Sharp MX-5500N Colour Copier B/W-55cpm /
Especially designed for high-speed workgroups, the MX-5500N can easily
handle the needs of a large office with its ability to copy, print and
network scan in both black & white or colour. Standard features include a
1 GHz multi-tasking controller, Colour Scan technology and a
large, colour display with customizable "short-cut" keys to get your jobs
done fast. You'll also have great control with integrated user
authentication, secure document filing, authority groups for feature
access as well as easy web-based device management. The MX-5500N's high-volume paper handling capabilities and optional finishing features
help make a great impression as well as save time and labor. Software
options include our latest innovation, Sharp Open Systems Architecture and
a comprehensive security offering to boost productivity where electronic
information is distributed.
- Most Secure MFP Range
- Innovation Award
- Customized User Control System on MFP Web
Buyers Lab Incorporated Awards
- Outstanding MFP Security Solution
- Pick of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement: IT Friendliness
Sharp's Newest Features
- Performance-driven 600MHz Multi-tasking
Controller with optional EFI controller to match any environment
- Versatile application integration with Sharp’s
Open Systems Architecture enables users to access network applications right
from the LCD panel.
- Sharp's award-winning network friendliness and
MFP Security offerings
- Integrated LDAP and User Authentication for
- Customizable, icon-driven 10.4" color touch
- One-touch ImageSENDTM facilitates scans to USB
devices, network folders, email and more.
- Standard 150-sheet Duplexing Document Feeder
with Color Scan2
- Large 6,600 maximum on-board paper supply
- Efficient Cardshot, Page Stamp and Tandem Copy
- Built-in PCL6/PCL5c printing with Direct
Printing and PostScript 3 option
- Standard 80 GB Hard disk drive allows spooling
and greater Document Filing
- Advanced web-based Device Management and
on-board user manuals
- Optional external keyboard for enhanced
- Environmentally focused; ENERGY STAR(R)1 and RoHS compliant
- Optional Finishing, Page Inserter and
Hole-punch accessories to reduce paper handling and increase productivity
- A choice of large-capacity paper trays for
- Optimized Fax options include PC Faxing and
- Web-based 24/7 training
High-Quality Network Printing In Both Color
- 600 x 600 dpi color output
- Standard PCL6/PCL5c Emulation and optional PS3
- Professional, ultra-crisp documents with
features like cover page printing, overlay print and pamphlet print
- Easy-to-use print drivers
Award Winning Network Scanning
- ImageSEND feature enables users to scan
documents to up to seven different destinations, including USB Memory Devices,
Network Folders, and more!
- Send-to-Group function allows users to send a
mixed group broadcast to Email, Fax, and Internet Fax in a single operation.
- With Send-to-USB feature, you can quickly scan
documents to a USB memory device in popular formats such as TIFF, JPEG, PDF,
and Encrypted PDF.
Versatile Application Integration
- The MX series supports Sharp's Open Systems
Architecture (Sharp OSA), which streamlines document workflow and enhances
productivity by allowing users to have bi-directional interaction with network
applications right from the MX-Series LCD panel.
- Sharp's OSA uses industry-standard network
protocols such as XML and SOAP.
- Interact with critical business applications
such as Enterprise Resource Planning software, workflow applications, and
Integrated B/W Fax and Internet Fax
- Optional Super G3 fax module offers advanced
features such as automatic stapled/copied receptions.
- Inbound Fax Routing converts fax messages to
- Sharp's innovative PC fax driver enables users
to send fax documents right from their desktop.
- Optional B/W Internet expansion kit
Leading-Edge Security Features
- Several levels of network and data security to
restrict access sensitive information
- Confidential Print requires PIN code to print
queued document, safeguarding against unauthorized viewing.
- User Authentication protects network against
unauthorized email communication.
- IP/MAC Address Filtering restricts network
access to the unit
- Data Security Kit protects data with
encryption and sanitizes memory by overwriting the encrypted document data.